Vision, Ethos and Values
Our vision is to ensure every child receives the best possible opportunity to access education from their own starting point and that we then provide the highest quality academic and social skills opportunities in order to accelerate progress and prepare pupils ready for leaving us to go to Year 7.
We work rigorously to remove barriers and create the right conditions for learning. We are part of South Pennine Academies and we are committed to and strongly believe in the four SPA priorities
Strong and Effective Leaders High Performing Staff
Successful Students Engaged Community
Our academy motto, ‘Adventures in Learning’ details the exciting journey we are all on as learners and what we want for every one of our children. Having reflected upon our first two years since opening, we know our success is dependent upon the four trust priorities but in addition, the whole school community committing to three key values:
Relationships Collaboration Diligence
Achieving the vision by:
- Having high expectations for all within the school community.
- Creating an atmosphere where all forms of bullying including racism are unacceptable.
- Providing a happy, safe and secure environment where students feel valued and respected, and are able to participate and approach all staff.
- Giving all students equal access to the curriculum, resources and support, appropriate to their needs.
- Wanting everyone to feel successful and have their success recognised and celebrated.
- In line with British Values, actively teaching and promote respect and tolerance of all faiths recognising that everyone is an individual and brings with them diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Celebrating and value the diversity within our community and promote social cohesion through interaction with other communities. We explicitly teach pupils about the importance of respecting individual liberty and living harmoniously within communities.
- Delivering a holistic learning experience which develops students socially, emotionally, creatively, culturally and morally in order to become active British citizens, who make a positive contribution to society.
- Encouraging an atmosphere where everybody is given the opportunity to develop their personal learning and voice and begin to learn from each other.
- Promoting mutual respect, trust and honesty for all. The school community values each other equally and learns to share and respect each- others’ values and beliefs.
- Encouraging parental involvement and working with parents as partners.
- Supporting students to begin to understand democracy and the Rule of Law. We will ensure all individuals are accountable for their actions and that everyone understands they have a role to play and as such they will have a voice in many aspects of school life.
- Encouraging healthy lifestyle which seeks to equip individuals to make a full and active contribution to society
- Providing the best available teaching expertise and learning experiences with high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Developing self-esteem, self-confidence and positive attitudes
We are excited about the journey that lies ahead, which will, together with you, see us to realise our vision.