PREVENT course for parents / carers
On Thursday 14th February 2019, we are delighted that we are able to offer an online safety course for parents, exploring risks to young people. The workshop will run from 9-11 and will be led by Aysha Ayub. Aysha is a Community Engagement Officer with Kirklees and works for the PREVENT team. Aysha would be willing to offer more follow up sessions according to what you tell her you would like after this first session.
Aysha has sent through the following information to us about the course:
Safety Online explores the dangers posed by online grooming, hate crime and radicalisation. Providing participants with an overview of the risks associated with the intent and how they can stay safe online. Sessions will enable participants to:
- Understand the techniques used online to spread hate messages
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Increase their confidence in staying safe online and in supporting their children to be safe online
- Give practical guidance on what to do if presented by malicious content
- Provide information so that parents feel more confident in understanding online risks
The training is highly recommended - Aysha recently ran the training at Mount Pleasant recently and the feedback was that it was very very useful as parents felt they learned so much about things to look out for when their children were online.
If you would like to attend the training, please complete the reply slip by Friday 8th February 2019 at the latest. Places are limited and we do anticipate that this will be a popular event so please return your reply slips as soon as possible.